Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Our Memorial Day

Our Memorial Day was one of great accomplishment. I know many people use this day to get together with their loved ones, we did that too (and all day Sunday), and relax, but we used this day to get out and accomplish some things. Noah and Mags (and Daddy too) accomplished their greatest fishing experience to date. I have no idea how many fish they caught, but apparently the Blue Gill were in the mood for crickets! They got up at 6:30 got dressed, packed the fishing gear and some cold drinks and they were off. Chloe & I are not as enthusiastic about early morning fishing adventures. We slept until 8:30, got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, straightened the house then about 9:30 we were off on our big adventure. We decided to walk to my grandma's house. My grandparents live 3 miles from where we live, and it's a walk full of hills. I was hesitant, this would be the first time I'd attempted this feat with her walking the whole way. When we've done it before there have been strollers or wagons involved. She did awesome, she didn't whine one bit, we had to stop and check out the creek and pick some wild flowers. I gave her a piggy back ride at one point but that didn't last long, once it was time to go up the next hill Mom was done. We all met up at grandma & grandpa's house and it was a very fun day!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are the days they will remember! You are such a great mom! Love you

Tina said...

You forgot to mention the big blisters on your flip-flop wearing feet. OUCH!